Location: L-117, Benton Harbor Campus
Phone: (269) 927-8869
Are you thinking of completing a GED? Are you dreaming of completing a college degree and/or vocational/skilled trades certification?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, contact The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) at Lake Michigan College. Knowledgeable and friendly professional staff is available to help you begin your educational path.
- Creation of an Individualized Educational Development Plan
- Pre-GED or college admissions/placement test tutoring
- Career information, assessment, and advising
- Assistance with college and other post-secondary institution research
- Assistance with scholarship searches, and completion of the financial aid application
- Assistance with the admissions process for post-secondary enrollment
- Referral services to other appropriate community service agencies
What is the EOC?
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) offers adults, 19 years or older, the opportunity to pursue a post-secondary education. The EOC is federally funded by a grant from the US Department of Education, and hosted by the College since 1994. We provide information regarding academic and financial assistance for individuals who wish to pursue completion of high school, and/or pursue post-secondary education at any college or university.
Who is eligible for EOC services?
To be eligible for EOC services, you must be (1) 19 years of age and (2) a resident of Berrien, Cass, Allegan, or Van Buren counties in Michigan, or a resident of La Porte or St. Joseph counties in Indiana and (3) a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the United States or in the United States for other than temporary purpose.
Apply for EOC services.
[link to EOC pdf application]
- Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Michigan Student Aid
- State Student Assistance Commission of Indiana
- Michigan Colleges and Universities
- Michigan Community Colleges
- Michigan College Mall (MACRAO)
- Indiana Colleges and Universities
- Indiana Community Colleges
- Indiana Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (IACRAO)
*Links are provided for your convenience and are not endorsed by Lake Michigan College.